TICI
Name of the software: Microsoft Excel
Cooperating Classroom Grade Level: 5
Curriculum Area: This software could be used for the subject of science and health
Objectives: I would use this software in the curriculum because it has many different uses. The children can learn to use spreadsheets to keep track of how many calories they eat in a day. This program can let the children add number, divide, find averages and create lists. This program can teach children how to be more organized. They could even keep a record book of their own grades if they wanted to.
Summary: The assignment I would assign the children is similar to the one we did in class. I would have them keep a food diary for about a week. They will write the food they ate, the calories, the fat calories, the fat grams, the total of each for the meal and the percent of fat in their meal. I will show them various websites where they will be able to get the information they need for the calories of food. After explaining the assignment I will have explain the software to the children very carefully because this software can be hard and confusing. I will tell them the vocabulary of the program such as cell, A1, B1, and so on. Once I am positive the children know how to use the programs and all its different tools (such as finding the average of things) I will let them start on their project. This program will help them organize their food diaries and help them see the data more clearly so that they can write a report on how they eat, what they eat and how can their diet be healthier. After they acquire all their information I will have them create various graphs to show how many calories were in a meal, how many fat calories and so on. Then I will print each child’s diary, staple it together and hang them around the room.
Differentiated Learning: Since this software is difficult I will have to make myself available to the children who need the extra help. It this software proofs to be too difficult for them, I would have those children hand write a chart and have them put the data in the spreadsheet with me. I will help them as much as I can. I think this program may be a bit of a challenge for the gifted children but I believe they would be able to handle it.

No comments:
Post a Comment